For the purpose of GDPR. Born to be Beautiful is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY Born to be Beautiful is committed to respecting your privacy and the privacy of every visitor to our website. The information we collect about you will be used to fulfil the required services and to enable us to improve how, as an organisation, we deal with you. Should you have a question about the data we store, our contact details are: Born to be Beautiful firstname.lastname@example.org +44 7813 290 831 The information that we collect about you will only be used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Bill and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. All data is retained exclusively within the United Kingdom, or transferred only to third countries where adequacy of protection or specific certification as defined by the GDPR has been confirmed. This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of the Born to be Beautiful organisation. We expect the information we hold to be accurate and up to date. You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and to make changes if necessary. You also have the right, assuming we are not obligated by law to refuse, to ask us to stop using the information. To have your information removed or rectified, please contact email@example.com.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Born to be Beautiful takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Born to be Beautiful uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of data, including encryption and firewalls. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your data. YOUR RIGHTS You have certain legal rights that we wish to inform you of Access. You have the right to have your personal information rectified or completed by us without undue delay. If you have set up an account with us, you have the possibility to rectify or complete your personal information yourself. Right to be forgotten. You have the right to have your personal information erased by us without undue delay. This right is limited to specific grounds, for example, if you have withdrawn your consent, or if you object and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for us to maintain the processing. If you have an account with us, in many instances you have the option to erase your account yourself, in which case all your personal information is permanently deleted. Restriction of processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information based on specific grounds. These are (1) the time for us to verify the accuracy of your personal information on your request; (2) instead of erasure of unlawful processing, you request the restriction of use instead; (3) you need personal information in legal proceedings; or (4) we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds override your objection to the processing. Right to object. You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information if such processing is (1) based on our legitimate interests (including us making a profile of you based on your consent); (2) for direct marketing purposes; or (3) necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or exercise of official authority vested in us. We shall cease to process your personal information based on your objection, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds overriding your interests, rights and freedoms or if we need your personal information in legal proceedings. Data portability. We are required to inform you of your right to receive your personal information from us so that you can transmit that personal information to another service provider. This means that at your request we shall supply you with your personal information related to your user account. It does not include any device data, including data that was transmitted to us in a log file.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where possible, we have set specific retention periods for keeping your personal information. These specific retention periods are stated below or we shall communicate these to you at or before the start of processing your personal information. Where it is not possible for us to use set retention periods, we have stated below the criteria that we use to determine the retention periods. Specific retention periods Purpose (A) Marketing. We keep your personal information for as long as you are subscribed, or until we cancel our newsletter/whitepaper service, whichever occurs first. You can easily opt out of the newsletter/whitepaper by clicking the unsubscribe button provided in the email. Purpose (B) CVs. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for 2 years after our last identifiable contact with you, at which point it will be deleted. Purpose (E) Contact. When we communicate via email, we keep your personal information for as long as the enquiry/matter is ongoing. In cases where UK laws on maintaining a proper business administration apply, we keep them for a term of 7 years. Criteria for determining retention periods In any other circumstances, we use the following criteria to determine the applicable retention period:
- The assessment of your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal information. We shall not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) we collected it.
- Any relevant industry practices or codes of conduct on keeping the personal information
- The level of risk and cost associated with keeping your personal information (accurate and up to date).
- Whether we have a valid lawful basis to keep your personal information.
- The nature, scope and context of the processing of your personal information and our relationship with you.
- Any other relevant circumstances that may apply.
We shall keep your personal information in compliance with applicable legal requirements and we make periodical reviews of the personal information we hold. The type of information that we will collect about you, and which you voluntarily provide to us on this website includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.borntobebeautiful.org.
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of donation amounts you make through our site. However, we do not retain credit card details.
- Details of your visits to our site include but are not limited to, traffic data location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- CVs, which may include: your name, surname, profession, education, professional and personal references, email, telephone number, address, hobbies, educational qualifications, and any other details of interest that you provide to us in your CV.
These are our legal basis for processing your information:
- The legal basis for our marketing purposes is a legitimate interest to keep growing and expanding as a charity organisation.
- The legal basis for processing your CV is your explicit consent.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when your return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To estimate our audience size or usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site and provide you with offers that are targeted at your interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.